Pages

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Fennec Fox, and how Taxonomy rules them all.


In STEAM class, we learned and studied the behavior of animals such as Chimpanzees and other primates. We also about set theory, taxonomy, and much more. On a field experience we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. We studies animals such as primates, birds, and much more. This is why for our first Action Project, we had to research and make an art piece about an animal we choose. The one I choose was the Fennec fox, mainly because it was related to canidae(dog,wolf, etc). I also believe it was more unique that a wolf or a dog since it lives in hot climates.

As for the project, what I did was I made a video with still images rather than a single image. The reason I did this was to give my project more of an identity, as well as help with my portfolio. Even if it doesn’t look ideal for portfolio, it still looks unique. What I’m most proud of is the video, and what I’m least proud of is shooting for the film. I didn’t have any tripods, so I had to shot each frame by hand. Still, I hope you enjoy the video, thank you.



After working after this project, I have to admit it was hard. I mean it was already difficult to do what I was supposed to do, and I want to take it three steps up. First, I would like to say that what took me the least amount of time would be the actual research. It was also the most critical part, as well as the only necessary part. All the other work from the video to the audio to every image was all because I wanted to do this. The hardest part was drawing every single image and every single frame. After I did the project, I was so relieve that was able to finish it on time and that I was able to create everything I could. I am extremely proud of this project, and I hoped you all liked it.

If you didn't see the chart, here it is. The bottom is snowy owl.

J.N Chart 9/26/17

Heres an image that inspired a part of my video.

Charles Barilleaux Fennec Fox Cub flickr.com “Flickr” 9/23/12

No comments:

Post a Comment