Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2019

The College Job

There is a difference when understanding a job and a hobby. Though both include working with effort and also bringing a person joy, a job can advance you to a higher position or different field while a hobby normally could not. This is what my class, Economics, studied for an assignment. This includes understanding how coding/calculations worked with jobs, history/events which lead to the downfall of the US economy like the Housing Crisis, and understanding why certain events came to be based on statistics. We also went to Chicago Lyft Headquarters and studied algorithms on Chicago Ideas Week.

For the assignment, each individual researched their own personal job interest and see what college or career paths they could use. The assignment has a short video and a slideshow describing the details of my person job interest (animation). 


What I enjoyed the most and struggled the most was the animation. Though I originally didn't intend to create an animation, I realized this would be the perfect assignment to create an animation. However, it was a struggle for me that didn't give me much joy was the spreadsheet calculations. The code would be confusing to follow.


 (Note: The figures stated in the video is incorrect. It is actually 23 years and 19 years for the schools)

No comments:

Post a Comment