Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Midwest Studio, the GCE of animation studios



Building a business takes a lot of initiative and groundwork, but starting a business plan sets your limits for what you can do and what you need to achieve. In order to start planning, you have to understand and learn about how a business works. This is what my class, Social Entrepreneurship, taught in my school term at GCE. During the class, we learned about different legal structures, how to organize roles, and policies companies use today. We also had a guest speaker who works as an independent contractor explain the sacrifices he does for his company.

For an assignment, my class and I created our own individual business with a product and a mention of social good. I ran for education or job training, specifically in the field of VFX. I looked at the demographics of my customers, the org flow chart, and how much money the company will make in 3-5 years.



The enjoyment of making this project was to just dream how my company would look like and if it was an actual possibility. Also enjoy the work I put in and how I could use this in the future after I went to college. I regret doing accounting the last because that changed most of the text I already did.

No comments:

Post a Comment