Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

Some Books are equal, but some are more equal than others.

In very few instances, the censorship of a book could be acceptable. That being said, there are only very few. Most of the time, the banning of the book is not because society frowns upon it, but rather the banner frowns upon it. This is why I, JN, and my class Forbidden Books research such things a dogmas, religions, and taboos that create the justification for censorships. We also went to several Field Experiences that help us gain a better perspective. These being Woman's and Children's First bookstore, the Muslim Community Center, and WBEZ radio station. What we had to do for an assignment is to create an essay that goes on a position that supports or disagrees with a certain book's censorship. For myself, I choose George Orwell's Animal Farm, as it has been banned in multiple countries around the world. The problems I had with creating the essay would be the research, as certain quotes couldn't be found. However, what I found myself prideful for was the dissection of the book with characters and story. Still, I hope you read and enjoy the essay on Animal Farm.

     



   
Citations


G. Orwell's “Animal Farm” Film. CIA. 1954,

No comments:

Post a Comment