Pages

Friday, January 18, 2019

Patty Felt

I wasn't really expecting any improving qualties of the largest brand of America when it comes to recycling, but I should have realized better. After all, it is a company that has millions of people buy burgers from them everyday, so it wouldn't be impossible that a group of people would question how so much consumerism is affecting the natural world around them. That is something my class, Biomimicry, and I tried to find out. For this project, we had to understand certain lessons such as closed loop systems, biomimicry, and what scientist are doing right now to solve the amounts of landfills in the US. We had also went to certain trips to different organizations such as The Plant and Interface, as well as meet representatives from Healthy Soil Compost.
For this project, we had to research a large company or item to see what practices were used to create the item. Once found, we would try to think of solutions in order to tie loose ends of the project. This wasn't an extreme project like others, but I am still proud of the solutions I had created and I had trouble finding exact statistic/numbers for the project. Still, I would highly recommend anyone else to research so they can conclude their own findings.



When looking at it, I really do believe McDonalds could create these factors within their plan, and please more people. However, there are parts I hadn’t taken into account that would be the reason why they couldn’t do these things, so I myself ignorant about closing the loop of a world wide company. Still, I wish I had more time (for myself) to add more interesting visuals within the project like the last two. I also wished McDonalds would state their statistics rather than myself gain an estimate from a secondary source. Still, it’s always fun to wonder what something could do to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment