Pages

Monday, March 25, 2019

Printmaking at Palette and Chisel



I (JN) attended the Palette and Chisel Academy for the arts in Chicago IL and for have completed four works of printmaking. I have attended the open house between February 12 to March 19 in 2019 on Tuesdays between 5:00- 7:30 with the coordinator Torsten Muehl for a total of 12 hours. The number for Mr.Muehl is 1 (708) 209-1816. The email is torartmeal@aol.com

I practiced the following printmaking procedures :

- Printmaking with linoleum relief prints

JN "Kitty fox" no website, March 25, 2019
- Working with technical cutting skills and personal safety

- Using advanced tools such as edging press and hand print techniques

- Registration

- Usage of color

- Experiment of color

- Reduction Printmaking

- Completing total of 4 projects.

Even though I had been learning the technical-ness of the instruments and history of printmaking, I believe what I got the most out of it was the community within the class. Understanding to communicate different people outside of my age, learning from their mistakes in both printmaking and in real life, and how their passion for the art connects to the history and those who create the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment