Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Inconceivable Victory: Vietnam

War is hard to understand as it uses tactics to eliminate as many people possible for an idea or property of land. However, a challenge of a historian is to see the rhetoric of the war and the policies it had to see how the conflict escalated. This includes laws, resolutions, or acts any government has contributed to help the war keep going. This is what my class, Policy, has studied since the beginning of spring and will continue to study until the end of Junior year. We had also gone to several Aldermen throughout Chicago, read several books such as A People's History of the United States/ The Things the Carried, and read upon the Vietnam War.

For an assignment, class members had to pick a war they believed was unjust or just within US history. However, the problem was these papers couldn't include the war tactics or atrocities but rather policies/ law created to fuel the war. I wanted to, rather than looking online, read my sources on paperback since they contain more information compared to an only article, has been check by a series of people, and edited so the most important information could be placed. I also wanted to write on paper first and then type it out as an extra step for drafting. These were the challenges I faced when studying my war, the War on Vietnam, and I believe I made an convincing argument.

Web

No comments:

Post a Comment