Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Sonnet fo Katherine

Sonnets are a type of writing style that was mainly used in the Victorian era, with it's original popularity coming from Shakespeare. Which is what my class, Drama, has been learning. We have also been learning plays, history, and gender standers of the time. We had read the dialogue of Taming of The Shrew, which was written by Shakespeare.

After reading the dialogue from Taming of The Shrew, we had to create a sonnet that address a handpicked character's gender issues. For my sonnet, I choose Katherine, who is one of the main characters. The reason I choose her was because she represented the modern woman, and was ahead of the times. My sonnet is about telling her the she didn't consciously, but rather unconsciously, fall back with her peers thanks to the patriarchy she is in.  From this assignment, what I am the least proudest off would be that the iambic pattern(syllable rhythm) is off. However, I am proud of the content within the sonnet. Hope you enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment