Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

The All Mighty and Extremely Extravagant talk(The chit-chat)

When writing a script, you need more then on person to due so. This is because the writer needs other writers to give him/her/them ideas that can improve their idea of the script/story. This is what my class, Drama, has been leaning towards for an assignment. We have also been learning about gender studies, script formatting, character dialogue, and so much more. We had also been to the Goodman Theatre, in which we'd learn certain ways to visualize certain scenes within our plays.

After reading the play A Doll's House, we were paired into groups to write a script that had certain guiding question. For my group, it was "Should women have the same power as men?". We then had to rehearse/record the script in order to check off the assignment rubric. What I enjoyed most about this assignment was it allowed myself to practice my writing skills. It also helped me to think carefully about what is needed through the actors. The camera shots and mannerism make the video somewhat unique compared to other classmates/students. My only complaint is that there has been trouble with communication and there are some scenes that need editing. Still, I hope you enjoy.




Damsel: a young unmarried woman.

Exhort: strongly encourage or urge (someone) to do something.

Unfathomable: incapable of being fully explored or understood.

Consternation: feelings of anxiety or dismay, typically at something unexpected

No comments:

Post a Comment