Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Health and Service

What to do when your stuck at home. That's something I've been worked on for sometime and found several ways to keep myself occupied. But what I do consistently is walk the dog and cook with my grandmother . I specifically cook with her Colombian theme meals such dishes as rice, beans, omelets, arrepas, tortas, and soup. I also learned how to keep the kitchen clean, how to cut and cook certain meats, and how to use food when there is a shortage. It takes me an hour to cook and clean.

As for walking my dog, I normally walk him around the town in a square, which takes an hour and thirty depending on how he is feeling. Sometimes he stops, not because of tiredness but of stubbornness. He is a very lazy dog and walking him was mostly my time to get out of the house.

What I got from these hours was a sense of direction. It helped me stay focused during a time where it was easy for myself to get lost in your own house by yourself. It taught me to be a global citizen by learning new foods from my culture and exploring places in my town I hadn't seen before. I have a total of 61.5 health and wellness hours.

JN, "Walking Dog" own Work, 2020

JN "Cooking Picture" own work, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment